Check out the Reno Tahoe USA 2015 Events & Festivals Virtual Brochure for exciting events in our area!
Current Free Speech Zones:
Crafters on the Riverwalk
The "Crafters on the Riverwalk" special event will permit daily set-up by Crafters on the Truckee River Lane between Sierra St. and West St. Plaza from July 1 to August 31. Crafters will need to register by completing the application below to receive a temporary vendor permit at a cost of $15 for the duration of the special event. Please call 775-334-4636 for more information.
Event Application Forms:
- City of Reno Special Event & Activity Permit Application *updated*
- Attachment A - Amplified Sound/Multimedia Permit
- Attachment B - Street and/or Sidewalk Occupancy
- Attachment C - Alcohol Service Permit
- Attachment D - Vendors/Exhibitors
- Attachment E - Privileged Second Hand Sales
- Attachment F - Fire Department
- Attachment G - Park Special Event Rules and Regulations & Diagrams
- Attachment H - Security Plan
- First Right of Refusals Rules
- ReTRAC Rental Rules
- Downtown Event Setup Guidelines & Diagrams
- Residential Block Party Permit Application
- List of streets designated as Major Streets for Special Events
- Film Permit Application
* If you've completed or plan to complete our new Film Permit and Block Party Applications, please let us know what you think about the new process: Feedback Form
For information on film resources in the area:
- Reno Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority - RSCVA Film Office: http://filmrenotahoe.com/
- Nevada State Film Office: http://www.nevadafilm.com/.
*If organizing or scheduling special events on public property in Reno, for Film Permits and Residential Block Parties, please contact:
Alexis Hill, Special Events Program Manager
Email: email@example.com Phone: 775-326-6697
*If organizing or scheduling special events in a City of Reno Park, please contact:
*For information on permits for events to be held on private property (Special Activity), please contact:
Reno Business License Division
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 775-334-2090
Sponsorship Application Forms:
Special Events In-Kind Sponsorship Policy and Applications (this special funding period is only applicable to events occurring July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016):
- Revised Special Events Policy (please read to see how/if your event would meet the requirements of this new policy before filling out an application below)
- Nonprofit Event
- Nonprofit Event Rating Sheet
- New Event
- New Event Rating Sheet
- Community Event
- Community Event Rating Sheet
- Legacy Event
- Legacy Event Rating Sheet
The special events sponsorship application period ENDS on January 2, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
Applicants may submit their applications EARLY, December 22-26 and work with the special events program manager on any questions or issues that they have with the process or application. Appointments may be set up for this meeting at email@example.com.
Please contact Alexis Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775.326.6697 if you have any questions about the special events sponsorship opportunities at the City of Reno.