If organizing or scheduling special events on public property in Reno, for Film Permits and Residential Block Parties, please contact:
Alexis Hill, Special Events Program Manager
Email: email@example.com Phone: 775-326-6697
If organizing or scheduling special events in a City of Reno Park, please contact:
For information on permits for events to be held on private property (Special Activity), please contact:
Reno Business License Division
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 775-334-2090
Current Free Speech Zones
Veterans Day Parade - November 11, 2015, Downtown Reno, 2nd-5th Street on Virginia Street
Poster on the Veterans Day Parade
The sole purpose of the City of Reno Veterans Day Parade is to honor the service of our Veterans and to salute our currently serving military. It is a non-partisan, non-political event, and may not be used as a platform for any other purpose or political agenda. Any individual or group that attempts to use the Parade as a forum for this purpose will be denied participation, and will forfeit any expenses incurred.
This year’s theme is “Honoring those who served and sacrificed to preserve freedom - WWII 70th Anniversary” (all veterans will participate).
Mr. Ivan Bell Woodford - Mr. Woodford is Nevada's oldest veteran at 105 years old! He was a Machinist Mate 1st Class in the Navy Seabees. His unit built air strips and bases all across the Pacific Islands during World War II.
DEPUTY GRAND MARSHALS:
Mr. Robert McGinty, US Army Air Corp., who will be 100-years-old on September 15.
Ms. Beatrice Thayer, SSG, E-6, U.S. Army/Air Force, WWII, Cold War, NV Army National Guard Retired, 1945-59 and 1973-1982.
Event Application Forms:
- City of Reno Special Event & Activity Permit Application *updated*
- Attachment A - Amplified Sound/Multimedia Permit
- Attachment B - Street and/or Sidewalk Occupancy
- Attachment C - Alcohol Service Permit
- Attachment D - Vendors/Exhibitors
- Attachment E - Privileged Second Hand Sales
- Attachment F - Fire Department
- Attachment G - Park Special Event Rules and Regulations & Diagrams
- Attachment H - Security Plan
- First Right of Refusals Rules
- ReTRAC Rental Rules
- Downtown Event Setup Guidelines & Diagrams
- Residential Block Party Permit Application
- List of streets designated as Major Streets for Special Events
- Film Permit Application
For information on film resources in the area:
Sponsorship Application Forms
Special Events In-Kind Sponsorship Policy and Applications (this special funding period is only applicable to events occurring July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016):
- Revised Special Events Policy (please read to see how/if your event would meet the requirements of this new policy before filling out an application below)
- Nonprofit Event
- Nonprofit Event Rating Sheet
- New Event
- New Event Rating Sheet
- Community Event
- Community Event Rating Sheet
- Legacy Event
- Legacy Event Rating Sheet
The special events sponsorship application period ENDS on January 2, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
Applicants may submit their applications EARLY, December 22-26 and work with the special events program manager on any questions or issues that they have with the process or application. Appointments may be set up for this meeting at email@example.com.
Please contact Alexis Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775.326.6697 if you have any questions about the special events sponsorship opportunities at the City of Reno.