This public information is furnished by the City of Reno Community Development Department, and should be accepted and used by the recipient with the understanding the data received was developed and collected for specific purposes only. There is not any liability assumed as to the accuracy, sufficiency or suitability of the information contained herein for any other particular use. The City of Reno Community Development Department does not assume any liability whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of such data.
Listed below are the various planning applications that are routinely submitted to the City of Reno. Some applications may be submitted at any time; others are only accepted on specified "intake" dates. For specific information about the intake process, please see the Planning Intake Dates page. The Master Plan Amendment applications are accepted on four (4) dates, and only Master Plan Amendment applications will be accepted on those dates. For questions regarding this information, please contact the Community Development Department at (775) 334-2042.
The following applications are accepted on specified intake dates and must be submitted in conjunction with the Reno Development Application rev 07-12-2010 (PDF), and the appropriate fee. Applications may be submitted early, but those submitted after 3 p.m. on the intake date will be processed with the next intake cycle. Due to the size of the Reno Development Application, it may take some time to load. Please see the Planning/Engineering Application Services Charges rev 07-01-2014 (PDF) to obtain the fees or call (775) 334-2042 with any questions.
- Abandonment (PDF) -- updated 06-26-2014
- Annexation (PDF) -- updated 06-27-2014
- Special Use Permit (PDF)
- Tentative Map (PDF)
- Variance (PDF) -- updated 07-14-2014
- Zone Change (PDF)
- Master Plan Amendment (PDF) -- updated 07-14-2014
If the project is located in a Cooperative Planning Area, in addition to the Reno Development Application rev 07-12-2010 (PDF), other application requirements must be met.
Please see the Planning/Engineering Application Service Charges rev 07-01-2014 (PDF) for the appropriate fees which are submitted with the application. For any questions, please call (775) 334-2042.
Appeal forms and some applications may be submitted at any time.
- Minor Deviation (PDF) -- updated 06-27-2014
- Boundary Line Adjustment (PDF) -- updated 06-27-2014
- Parcel Map or Reversion to Acreage (PDF)
- Request for Sewer Connection (PDF)
- Site Plan Review (PDF)
- Outdoor Dining Permit Application (PDF)
- Medical Marijuana Establishment - Zoning Verification Letter Application (PDF) << NEW
- Ordinance 6335 (PDF) addresses Medical Marijuana Establishments << NEW
- Restoration, Landscaping, Revegetation Improvements Cash (PDF)
- Irrevocable Letter of Credit (PDF)
- Restoration, Landscaping and Revegetation Bond (PDF)
- Cash Refund Request Form (PDF)