Create a short, 30 second video using Vine, Instagram or YouTube and tell us how you use reno.gov.
Visit the entry form on the City of Reno Facebook page to submit your video. Submission deadline is April 1, 2014.
We'll announce the top 10 finalists April, 3, 2014. Our Facebook community will vote on the top 10 videos and choose the $1,000.00 grand prize winner by April 11, 2014.
Video Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BY PROVIDING A SUBMISSION, SUBMITTER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS. CITY RESERVES ALL RIGHTS TO CANCEL THE CONTEST AND NOT ISSUE AN AWARD AT ANYTIME.
The Reno.gov Video Contest encourages the public to develop the most creative online video versions of the Reno.gov television commercial, demonstrating the City of Reno’s newly redesigned website, Reno.Gov.
Videos, no longer than 30 seconds, will be judged by a panel consisting of City of Reno management and selected members from the community (“Panel”). The Panel will review all submissions and select up to 10 videos for public opinion input. Social media will be used to gather public opinion and the results will then be considered by the Panel when selecting the top 3 finalists. A grand prize of $1,000 will be provided to the winner selected. Recognition will be provided to second and third place winners. All finalist videos will be posted to Reno.Gov, the City of Reno Blog at Blog.Reno.Gov and City of Reno Facebook Page.
1. CONTEST TIMING: The contest submission period begins at 9 a.m. PT on February 14, 2014 and ends at 10 a.m. PT on April 1, 2014. Panel judging to determine up to 10 finalists will take place on April 3, 2014. These videos will be posted to the websites and social media voting for finalists will take place between April 3, 2014 through April 11, 2014. Winners will be announced on April 16, 2014 at City Hall during the City Council meeting. Dates of the contest are subject to change in discretion of City.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The grand prize will be awarded to the selected best video, as deemed by the Panel , submitted by an individual or a team. Employees working for the City of Reno are not eligible to win contest prizes.
3. TO ENTER: During the contest period, contestants must visit the Reno.gov entry page on the City of Reno Facebook page, and follow the online instructions on how-to participate. Contestants must upload videos (the “submission”) to YouTube, Instagram or Vine, and include the link to the video when completing the entry form on the City of Reno Facebook page. To upload your submission, you must have an account with Facebook and YouTube, Instagram or Vine.
To sign up for a free YouTube account, visit http://www.youtube.com/create_account and follow the online instructions for registration. To sign up for a free Instagram account, visit https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/instagram/id389801252?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instagram.android&hl=en and follow the online instructions for download and registration. To sign up for a free Vine account, visit https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vine/id592447445?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.vine.android&hl=en and follow the online instructions for registration. The video’s format and size must follow the video upload guidelines for: Youtube.com, available at www.youtube.com, Instagram, available at http://instagram.com/, and Vine, available at https://vine.co/. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Vine are not sponsors of this contest.
Your submission must also:
1. Demonstrate your own version Reno.gov, coupled with examples of how the new Reno.Gov website encompasses who you are as a resident. Submissions may include images, video and other features you feel best demonstrate these, and your passion for your government and Reno community. Submissions are encouraged to contain appropriate humor and local community references.
2. Be 30 seconds or less in duration.
3. Comply with these Official Rules and the submission guidelines as stated in this rules.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submissions must be original work and cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about City of Reno or its services, products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which City of Reno wishes to associate. City of Reno reserves the right to and will, monitor or screen submissions prior to posting them to the Reno.Gov website, blog, Facebook and the Reno.gov Video Contest YouTube playlist. By providing a submission, you agree that your submission may be posted on any City of Reno-related websites, including social media, in City of Reno's sole discretion. City of Reno has no obligation to use or post any submission you submit. By providing a submission, the submitter grants to City of Reno, an exclusive, perpetual, transferable license to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the submissions in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Submissions that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the contest submission period will be ineligible. Submissions cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than the City of Reno's trademarks, logos, trade dress, brands or products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses without permission; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties other than the submitters(s) or City of Reno (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself be in, a violation of any law. By submitting a submission you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your or your team's original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not received previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you/your team have obtained permission from a person who is used in the submission or whose name, likeness or voice is used in the submission, if any, and (f) that publication of the submission via various media including online posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such submitter will indemnify and hold harmless City of Reno and parties donating prizes from any claims to the contrary. Any submitter whose submission includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the submitter (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including City of Reno’s use of such submission, in the model/image release form provided on the contest website or another form satisfactory to City of Reno, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of submitter as a finalist. Any submission that, in the sole opinion of City of Reno, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication, for any reason, is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled submissions are not eligible. All submissions become the sole property of City of Reno, and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting a submission, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place City of Reno under any obligation, that City of Reno is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, City of Reno does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to City of Reno, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
5. CONTEST JUDGING: During the contest judging period, submissions will be judged subjectively by the Panel. Top ten finalist videos will be posted to social media for community voting. (“Winner”) will be determined by highest cumulative votes to be provided to the Panel for final selection.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by City of Reno or parties in donating or awarding prizes resulting from submitter's submission in the contest in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the City of Reno or the parties donating or awarding prizes for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, cable, satellite, network, electronic, Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the contest. City of Reno and parties donating or awarding prizes are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any contest-related materials. Use of website is at user’s own risk. City of Reno and parties donating or awarding prizes are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the contest. Should any portion of the contest be, in City of Reno’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of City of Reno, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or uploading of submissions, City of Reno reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest, and select the winners from eligible submissions received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by City of Reno.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the contest, submitters and related teams (and the parent or legal guardian of any participant which is a minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) (a) to release City of Reno and parties donating and awarding prizes from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such submitter's participation in the contest; and (b) participants waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages. If a finalist/winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.