Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- Balloon Races Street Closures
Sierra Street will be closed from McCarran Street to College Street for pedestrian crossing and access to the park.
09/04/2013 9:00 AMdetail
- Play Santa for a Senior this Christmas
Senior Holiday Giving Trees are located on the 1st and 2nd floors of City Hall- donations are accepted through the 19th of December.
12/13/2012 3:00 PMdetail
- Don’t forget the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is due this Friday
The deadline for the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. The Special Events Subcommittee of the Reno City Council will make a decision on the awarded sponsorships in the third week of January 2013.
- August 20, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
The City of Reno plans to host a Public Safety Forum on Thursday, October 2 at 6:30 p.m. on the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
08/20/2014 3:28 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for August 20, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the August 20, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting starting at noon on the first floor of City Hall.
08/19/2014 8:15 AMdetail
- Residents can do their part to help protect Truckee River
City of Reno Hydrologist Lynell Garfield shares a few ideas for river protection techniques during drought (low flows), which reduce our water use and keep the Truckee protected from accidental pollutants
08/15/2014 11:37 AMdetail
- City of Reno asks for input on two local government access channels
The City of Reno has launched a ThinkReno survey to collect viewership data on local Charter Communications channels 192 and 194.
08/11/2014 10:21 AMdetail
- City of Reno includes August events in community engagement program
As part of the City of Reno’s ongoing citizen engagement program, City Council Members and staff will attend various community events throughout the month of August to meet with citizens.
08/08/2014 3:23 PMdetail
- Arrests during Hot August Nights down 40 percent from 2013
This last week Reno was filled with thousands of people enjoying classic cars, a little nostalgia, and various events for Hot August Nights.
08/04/2014 8:30 AMdetail
- Reno resident dies after being transported to California burn center
Michelle Sherman, 61, died at a California burn center early yesterday morning, according to the Reno Fire Department.
07/30/2014 10:37 AMdetail
- Parking for a Purpose art project aims to raise money for city parks
The City of Reno’s Parking for a Purpose project officially kicks off on Friday, July 25, 2014 at 5 p.m. as artist Michael Lucido will paint the parking meter at Moana Springs Recreation Complex.
07/24/2014 5:24 PMdetail
- Senior Flash Mob planned for downtown Reno
A live Senior Flash Mob is scheduled to break out under the Reno Arch on Virginia Street on Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.
07/23/2014 8:39 AMdetail
- Senior Summer Games registration deadline nears
The Reno-Tahoe Senior Summer Games, coming August 4-10, 2014, is a City of Reno-organized event dedicated to promoting and implementing fitness programs and activities for people 50 and older.
07/22/2014 4:55 PMdetail
- City of Reno website awarded national web design accolades
The City of Reno’s website, Reno.gov, has been awarded web design accolades by three national marketing and graphic design organizations.
07/18/2014 10:42 AMdetail
- July 16, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously referred ordinance changes that will create an application fee and license fee for Medical Marijuana Establishments.
07/16/2014 4:31 PMdetail
- City of Reno makes budget modifications to fund 21 firefighters
The City of Reno conducted a Special Budget Workshop today and is closer to reallocating nearly $2 million to fund 21 firefighter positions through Fiscal Year 2015 and potentially beyond.
07/15/2014 8:00 PMdetail
- City of Reno to hold Special Budget Workshop
The focus of today’s workshop is to find funding for 21 (out of 50) firefighter positions in the short term for Fiscal Year 15 and potentially beyond. The City needs to reallocate nearly $2 million that was previously budgeted and approved for other expenses.
07/15/2014 2:43 PMdetail
- Solar-powered compactors providing “greener” days in downtown Reno
To help with the City of Reno’s efforts to keep the downtown corridor clean and green, Waste Management of Nevada recently provided 25 solar-powered trash compactors to the City.
07/15/2014 11:10 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for July 16, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the July 16, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting starting at noon on the first floor of City Hall.
07/14/2014 4:21 PMdetail
- Reno Fire Department to receive $5,000 grant
CITA Insurance Services has partnered with Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company to donate $5,000 to the Reno Fire Department.
07/14/2014 8:41 AMdetail