Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- Balloon Races Street Closures
Sierra Street will be closed from McCarran Street to College Street for pedestrian crossing and access to the park.
09/04/2013 9:00 AMdetail
- Play Santa for a Senior this Christmas
Senior Holiday Giving Trees are located on the 1st and 2nd floors of City Hall- donations are accepted through the 19th of December.
12/13/2012 3:00 PMdetail
- Don’t forget the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is due this Friday
The deadline for the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. The Special Events Subcommittee of the Reno City Council will make a decision on the awarded sponsorships in the third week of January 2013.
- City of Reno and Washoe County lend support to Open Data Day
Code for Reno, in cooperation with the City of Reno and Washoe County which both provided data sets, will build an interactive website to document walking and biking trails for Open Data Day of the International Open Data Hackathon on Saturday, February 21 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
02/20/2015 4:58 PMdetail
- Utility work begins on Virginia Street Bridge Replacement Project
AT&T, Charter Communications, and other approved contractors are expected to begin relocating preexisting telecommunication and cable television lines that currently run through the Virginia Street Bridge today.
02/18/2015 7:43 AMdetail
- Reno Arch to go dark in honor of Jerry Tarkanian
On Wednesday, February 18, the City of Reno will join its southern Nevada neighbor in honoring Jerry Tarkanian, former University of Nevada, Las Vegas men’s basketball coach who died on February 11 at age 84.
02/17/2015 5:47 PMdetail
- City of Reno offices closed on February 16
The City of Reno administrative offices at Reno City Hall (1 East First Street) will be closed on Monday, February 16, 2015 in observance of Presidents Day.
02/13/2015 8:49 AMdetail
- February 11, 2015 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved Privileged Business License applications for two Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facilities (growers).
02/11/2015 11:35 PMdetail
- City of Reno earns prestigious budget award for 19th consecutive year
The City of Reno’s Office of Management and Budget has once again received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) of the United States and Canada.
02/10/2015 4:37 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for February 11, 2015
Of particular interest to the public is the proposed reinstatement of Neighborhood Advisory Boards (NABs), possible approval of business licences for two Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facilities, and a potential contractor agreement for the Virginia Street Bridge Replacement Project.
02/10/2015 10:45 AMdetail
- Neighborhood meeting to discuss 39 Ventures project request in Verdi
A neighborhood informational meeting will be held next week regarding 39 Ventures’ materials processing facility project proposal along the west side of Quilici Ranch Road in Verdi.
02/03/2015 2:00 PMdetail
- Nominations wanted for 2015 Historic Preservation Awards
The City of Reno’s Historical Resources Commission is seeking nominations for its annual awards program for outstanding achievements in Historic Preservation. The nomination deadline is Monday, March 2, 2015.
02/02/2015 8:43 AMdetail
- Reno Municipal Court funds local substance abuse programs and law enforcement agencies
The Reno Municipal Court has disbursed more than $13,000 to area nonprofit substance abuse programs and local law enforcement agencies. This is the second time in the past year a distribution has been made.
01/29/2015 11:51 AMdetail
- January 28, 2015 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved a reduction of a portion of Center Street, from Virginia Street to Cheney Street, from two travel lanes to one to allow for additional on-street parking.
01/28/2015 7:11 PMdetail
- American Heart Association to present City of Reno with two healthy worksite awards
On Wednesday, January 28, 2015, the American Heart Association will recognize the City of Reno as a Fit-Friendly Gold Level Award winner and Community Innovation Award winner.
01/27/2015 8:51 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for January 28, 2015
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the January 28, 2015 Reno City Council Meeting.
01/26/2015 3:15 PMdetail
- First Lady and Mayors "Go Red" to fight heart disease
On February 4, 2015, Nevada First Lady Kathleen Sandoval, Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve, and other community leaders will join the Reno Go Red For Women committee at Reno City Hall for a press conference to kick off American Heart Month.
01/26/2015 3:01 PMdetail
- Registration deadline extended for the Reno/Tahoe Senior Winter Games
The deadline to register for the 2015 Reno/Tahoe Senior Winter Games has been extended to Friday, January 30, 2015. The original deadline was today (January 23).
01/23/2015 12:34 PMdetail
- Upcoming workshop to educate public about innovative financing programs
An Alternative Financing Workshop will be held next week at Reno City Hall. The purpose of the forum is to provide information about innovative financing programs that are available to the public.
01/20/2015 3:44 PMdetail
- Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve to attend the 83rd Winter Meeting of the United States Conference of Mayors
Nearly 300 of the nation’s mayors will convene tomorrow in Washington, D.C. to engage with Administration officials, Congressional leaders, and business leaders. Among them is Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve, who was elected in November 2014.
01/20/2015 3:24 PMdetail