Check out our Blog!
Matthew B. Brown
Office: 775-785-5855 | Cell: 775-384-7430
Director of the Office of Communications and Community Engagement
- Balloon Races Street Closures
Sierra Street will be closed from McCarran Street to College Street for pedestrian crossing and access to the park.
09/04/2013 9:00 AMdetail
- Play Santa for a Senior this Christmas
Senior Holiday Giving Trees are located on the 1st and 2nd floors of City Hall- donations are accepted through the 19th of December.
12/13/2012 3:00 PMdetail
- Don’t forget the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is due this Friday
The deadline for the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. The Special Events Subcommittee of the Reno City Council will make a decision on the awarded sponsorships in the third week of January 2013.
- City of Reno to discuss multi-year approach to Virginia Lake Water Quality Improvement Project
The City of Reno will release details about a multi-year plan to zero in on the Virginia Lake water quality issue at a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 5:30 p.m. on the first floor of City Hall.
06/01/2015 3:17 PMdetail
- Rosewood Lakes Golf Course closes to the public
Rosewood Lakes Golf Course closed to the public this morning, as construction of Phase II of the Southeast Connector project has officially begun. Rosewood Lakes will remain closed for the remainder of the 2015 season.
06/01/2015 12:03 PMdetail
- Virginia Street Bridge Project update
Virginia Street will be closed from Mill Street to 1st Street starting June 1, 2015 as work continues on the Virginia Street Bridge Project.
05/29/2015 3:31 PMdetail
- All-way stop controls at 1st Street & Ralston Avenue and North Virginia Street & Lemmon Drive
Both locations were evaluated for all-way stop control per the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), published by the Federal Highway Administration. Heavy pedestrian traffic, vehicle volumes, and/or sight distance concerns at these intersections combine to warrant all-way stop control per MUTCD guidelines.
05/29/2015 8:55 AMdetail
- May 27, 2015 Reno City Council Highlights
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens and media informed, we’ve summarized the outcomes of a few key agenda items from today’s Reno City Council meeting.
05/27/2015 8:33 PMdetail
- Stuff-a-Bus for Seniors Donation Drive ends May 29 with event at Aces Ballpark
The City of Reno, Regional Transportation Commission (RTC), and Washoe County Senior Services have collaborated to create the Stuff-a-Bus for Seniors Donation Drive, now through May 29, 2015.
05/27/2015 4:10 PMdetail
- Neoma Jardon statement regarding her recent breast cancer diagnosis
Reno City Councilmember Neoma Jardon has officially announced her recent breast cancer diagnosis. Initial testing indicates the cancer is early stage, low grade, and treatable.
05/27/2015 9:37 AMdetail
- City of Reno advocates for regionalization of fire services
A concurrent meeting was held today between the Reno City Council and Washoe County Board of Commissioners to discuss the status of regional fire services.
05/26/2015 6:40 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for May 27, 2015
Of particular interest to the public is possible approval of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Reno and Reno Firefighters Local 731, potential adoption of an amended Neighborhood Advisory Boards (NABs) Resolution, and presentation of the Historical Preservation Awards.
05/26/2015 9:42 AMdetail
- City of Reno offices closed on May 25
The City of Reno administrative offices at Reno City Hall (1 East First Street) will be closed on Monday, May 25, 2015 in observance of Memorial Day.
05/22/2015 8:57 AMdetail
- City of Reno and Reno Firefighters Association announce tentative labor agreement
The City of Reno has announced a tentative labor agreement with the Reno Firefighters Association, also known as IAFF Local 731, according to Reno City Manager Andrew Clinger.
05/21/2015 8:16 AMdetail
- Reno City Council approves City of Reno FY 15/16 budget
The Reno City Council and Redevelopment Agency Board approved to adopt a $492.5 million City of Reno budget for Fiscal Year 2015/2016 (FY 15/16) today, which includes tax levies and the adoption of the Fee Schedule.
05/19/2015 3:54 PMdetail
- Today's public hearings and possible adoption of FY 15/16 City of Reno Budget
Today’s special meeting of the Reno City Council and Redevelopment Agency Board, which starts at 1:30 p.m., will include possible adoption of the FY 15/16 City of Reno Budget.
05/19/2015 9:03 AMdetail
- Virginia Street Bridge Project groundbreaking ceremony
City of Reno officials and Q&D Construction will host a public groundbreaking ceremony for the Virginia Street Bridge Project on Wednesday, May 20, 2015.
05/18/2015 3:59 PMdetail
- One small donation makes one gigantic difference for local seniors
The City of Reno, Regional Transportation Commission (RTC), and Washoe County Senior Services have collaborated to create the Stuff-a-Bus for Seniors Donation Drive, today through May 29, 2015.
05/18/2015 8:15 AMdetail
- City of Reno statement regarding Reno Fire Chief
Reno Fire Chief Michael Hernandez is taking vacation from the City of Reno, effective yesterday at 5 p.m., for an indefinite period of time. Hernandez has been named one of six finalists for the Fire Chief job in Plano, Texas.
05/15/2015 6:20 PMdetail
- May 13, 2015 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved to adopt a Resolution to augment the City of Reno Budget for the current 2015 Fiscal Year (FY15). The Resolution includes a $10.9 million General Fund augmentation.
05/13/2015 6:28 PMdetail