Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- Balloon Races Street Closures
Sierra Street will be closed from McCarran Street to College Street for pedestrian crossing and access to the park.
09/04/2013 9:00 AMdetail
- Play Santa for a Senior this Christmas
Senior Holiday Giving Trees are located on the 1st and 2nd floors of City Hall- donations are accepted through the 19th of December.
12/13/2012 3:00 PMdetail
- Don’t forget the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is due this Friday
The deadline for the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. The Special Events Subcommittee of the Reno City Council will make a decision on the awarded sponsorships in the third week of January 2013.
- Time change is a good reminder to change smoke alarm batteries
The Reno Fire Department reminds citizens that this weekend's time change is also a good reminder to replace batteries in smoke alarms around your home. U.S. citizens will “fall back” one hour on Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 2 a.m.
10/30/2014 10:13 AMdetail
- City of Reno administrative offices closed for Nevada Day
The City of Reno administrative offices at Reno City Hall will be closed in observance of Nevada Day, Friday, October 31, 2014. The date marks Nevada’s 150th birthday, and there are a number of ways citizens can join in the celebration.
10/29/2014 9:17 AMdetail
- New weatherization program offers free energy efficiency services to seniors
A new weatherization program offers Nevada senior citizens an opportunity to reduce monthly energy costs through energy efficiency measures.
10/29/2014 8:47 AMdetail
- Final safety statistics for the Reno Zombie Crawl
This past Saturday, thousands of people enjoyed dressing up in zombie costumes and frequenting various events associated with the Reno Zombie Crawl, held October 25, 2014.
10/27/2014 11:47 AMdetail
- October 22, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved a Temporary Construction Easement from Nevada Division of State Lands for the Virginia Street Bridge Replacement Project.
10/22/2014 6:35 PMdetail
- City of Reno to host Public Safety Forum
The City of Reno will host a Public Safety Forum on Thursday, October 23, 2014 starting at 6 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall.
10/20/2014 4:58 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for October 22, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the October 22, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
10/20/2014 11:34 AMdetail
- Google designates Reno as Nevada’s 2014 eCity
Google has named Reno as the 2014 eCity for the State of Nevada. The eCity Awards recognize the strongest online business communities in all 50 states.
10/16/2014 9:45 AMdetail
- Nevada Shade Tree Week aimed at making UNR a Tree Campus USA
The City of Reno Urban Forestry Commission is teaming with the University of Nevada, Reno Arboretum Board to celebrate Nevada Shade Tree Week, October 24-November 2, 2014.
10/15/2014 1:06 PMdetail
- Hack4Reno 2014 focuses on open data for government
Registration is now open for Hack4Reno 2014, a collaborative event organized by City of Reno, Code for Reno, and Reno Collective.
10/10/2014 1:25 PMdetail
- October 8, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved the introduction of an ordinance to revise sections of the Reno Municipal Code relating to marijuana and paraphernalia possession.
10/08/2014 2:23 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for October 8, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the October 8, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
10/07/2014 10:01 AMdetail
- City of Reno to host public meeting to consider travel lane reduction of Center Street
The City of Reno's Public Works department will host a public meeting at Reno City Hall on October 14, 2014 at 5 p.m. to propose the reduction of a portion of Center Street from two lanes to one lane.
10/07/2014 9:16 AMdetail
- Reno Fire Department collaborates on Fire Prevention Week campaign
The Reno Fire Department is teaming up with the American Red Cross of Northern Nevada and Living With Fire to educate and inform citizens as part of Fire Prevention Week, October 5-11, 2014.
10/03/2014 3:17 PMdetail
- Reno Fire Department goes pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The Reno Fire Department will again be supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month during October 2014 by wearing pink uniform shirts that have a white ribbon on the left sleeve.
09/29/2014 3:53 PMdetail
- Final safety statistics for Street Vibrations Fall Rally
The City of Reno’s final statistics for Street Vibrations have been compiled and are as follows.
09/28/2014 6:30 PMdetail
- September 24, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
In a 5-to-1 vote, Council approved an abandonment of a portion of Wright Street from Monroe Street to Walker Avenue.
09/24/2014 5:38 PMdetail