Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- Balloon Races Street Closures
Sierra Street will be closed from McCarran Street to College Street for pedestrian crossing and access to the park.
09/04/2013 9:00 AMdetail
- Play Santa for a Senior this Christmas
Senior Holiday Giving Trees are located on the 1st and 2nd floors of City Hall- donations are accepted through the 19th of December.
12/13/2012 3:00 PMdetail
- Don’t forget the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is due this Friday
The deadline for the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. The Special Events Subcommittee of the Reno City Council will make a decision on the awarded sponsorships in the third week of January 2013.
- Communications director to speak on City of Reno's marketing efforts
On Tuesday, September 16, the Reno-Tahoe Chapter of the American Marketing Association presents Deanna Gescheider as the luncheon speaker.
08/28/2014 11:26 AMdetail
- August 27, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
In a 5-to-2 vote, Council approved a Settlement of Claim for attorney services and costs with Fisher & Phillips LLP for collective bargaining matters for $132,703.
08/27/2014 4:04 PMdetail
- 2014 State of the City
Although we have some challenging days ahead, I believe our future is promising. The City Council, myself, and the rest of the City of Reno employees will continue to work with our regional partners and our residents to make Reno an even greater city.
08/27/2014 11:30 AMdetail
- Reno Fire Department battles blaze on Martin Street
Shortly after 2 p.m. today a fire was reported at 225 Martin Street in Reno. The home was undergoing roof repairs, and it is believed this activity could have contributed to the start of the fire.
08/26/2014 3:37 PMdetail
- City of Reno government earns several national awards in 2014
Several of the City of Reno’s departments have been recognized nationally over the past fiscal year.
08/25/2014 5:09 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for August 27, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the August 27, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
08/25/2014 4:42 PMdetail
- August 20, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
The City of Reno plans to host a Public Safety Forum on Thursday, October 2 at 6:30 p.m. on the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
08/20/2014 3:28 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for August 20, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the August 20, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting starting at noon on the first floor of City Hall.
08/19/2014 8:15 AMdetail
- Residents can do their part to help protect Truckee River
City of Reno Hydrologist Lynell Garfield shares a few ideas for river protection techniques during drought (low flows), which reduce our water use and keep the Truckee protected from accidental pollutants
08/15/2014 11:37 AMdetail
- City of Reno asks for input on two local government access channels
The City of Reno has launched a ThinkReno survey to collect viewership data on local Charter Communications channels 192 and 194.
08/11/2014 10:21 AMdetail
- City of Reno includes August events in community engagement program
As part of the City of Reno’s ongoing citizen engagement program, City Council Members and staff will attend various community events throughout the month of August to meet with citizens.
08/08/2014 3:23 PMdetail
- Arrests during Hot August Nights down 40 percent from 2013
This last week Reno was filled with thousands of people enjoying classic cars, a little nostalgia, and various events for Hot August Nights.
08/04/2014 8:30 AMdetail
- Reno resident dies after being transported to California burn center
Michelle Sherman, 61, died at a California burn center early yesterday morning, according to the Reno Fire Department.
07/30/2014 10:37 AMdetail
- Parking for a Purpose art project aims to raise money for city parks
The City of Reno’s Parking for a Purpose project officially kicks off on Friday, July 25, 2014 at 5 p.m. as artist Michael Lucido will paint the parking meter at Moana Springs Recreation Complex.
07/24/2014 5:24 PMdetail
- Senior Flash Mob planned for downtown Reno
A live Senior Flash Mob is scheduled to break out under the Reno Arch on Virginia Street on Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.
07/23/2014 8:39 AMdetail
- Senior Summer Games registration deadline nears
The Reno-Tahoe Senior Summer Games, coming August 4-10, 2014, is a City of Reno-organized event dedicated to promoting and implementing fitness programs and activities for people 50 and older.
07/22/2014 4:55 PMdetail
- City of Reno website awarded national web design accolades
The City of Reno’s website, Reno.gov, has been awarded web design accolades by three national marketing and graphic design organizations.
07/18/2014 10:42 AMdetail