Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- City of Reno advocates for regionalization of fire services
A concurrent meeting was held today between the Reno City Council and Washoe County Board of Commissioners to discuss the status of regional fire services.
05/26/2015 6:40 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for May 27, 2015
Of particular interest to the public is possible approval of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Reno and Reno Firefighters Local 731, potential adoption of an amended Neighborhood Advisory Boards (NABs) Resolution, and presentation of the Historical Preservation Awards.
05/26/2015 9:42 AMdetail
- City of Reno offices closed on May 25
The City of Reno administrative offices at Reno City Hall (1 East First Street) will be closed on Monday, May 25, 2015 in observance of Memorial Day.
05/22/2015 8:57 AMdetail
- City of Reno and Reno Firefighters Association announce tentative labor agreement
The City of Reno has announced a tentative labor agreement with the Reno Firefighters Association, also known as IAFF Local 731, according to Reno City Manager Andrew Clinger.
05/21/2015 8:16 AMdetail
- Reno City Council approves City of Reno FY 15/16 budget
The Reno City Council and Redevelopment Agency Board approved to adopt a $492.5 million City of Reno budget for Fiscal Year 2015/2016 (FY 15/16) today, which includes tax levies and the adoption of the Fee Schedule.
05/19/2015 3:54 PMdetail
- Today's public hearings and possible adoption of FY 15/16 City of Reno Budget
Today’s special meeting of the Reno City Council and Redevelopment Agency Board, which starts at 1:30 p.m., will include possible adoption of the FY 15/16 City of Reno Budget.
05/19/2015 9:03 AMdetail
- Virginia Street Bridge Project groundbreaking ceremony
City of Reno officials and Q&D Construction will host a public groundbreaking ceremony for the Virginia Street Bridge Project on Wednesday, May 20, 2015.
05/18/2015 3:59 PMdetail
- One small donation makes one gigantic difference for local seniors
The City of Reno, Regional Transportation Commission (RTC), and Washoe County Senior Services have collaborated to create the Stuff-a-Bus for Seniors Donation Drive, today through May 29, 2015.
05/18/2015 8:15 AMdetail
- City of Reno statement regarding Reno Fire Chief
Reno Fire Chief Michael Hernandez is taking vacation from the City of Reno, effective yesterday at 5 p.m., for an indefinite period of time. Hernandez has been named one of six finalists for the Fire Chief job in Plano, Texas.
05/15/2015 6:20 PMdetail
- May 13, 2015 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved to adopt a Resolution to augment the City of Reno Budget for the current 2015 Fiscal Year (FY15). The Resolution includes a $10.9 million General Fund augmentation.
05/13/2015 6:28 PMdetail
- Interim Police Chief presents three Commendation Medals
Today, Interim Police Chief Jason Soto presented Chief’s Commendation Medals to Detective Allan Fox, WCSO Detective Kathleen Bishop, and Dr. Brittany Baguley from the Washoe County Crime Lab.
05/13/2015 10:47 AMdetail
- City of Reno’s Community Development Director announces resignation
Community Development Director Fred Turnier has officially announced his resignation from the City of Reno, effective May 28, 2015.
05/13/2015 9:14 AMdetail
- City of Reno proclaims May 2015 as National Drug Court Month
Reno City Council will issue a Proclamation at its regular meeting today, which starts at 10 a.m. at City Hall, declaring May 2015 as National Drug Court Month.
05/13/2015 8:36 AMdetail
- FY15 Budget: City Council continues to target debt reduction
In a Budget Workshop held today at City Hall, Reno City Council resumed discussion on a possible $10.9 million Budget augmentation for the current Fiscal Year (FY15).
05/12/2015 3:54 PMdetail
- Reno City Council holds third Budget Workshop
Today’s special meeting of the Reno City Council & Redevelopment Agency Board will include presentations, discussion, and potential direction to staff regarding the proposed Fiscal Year 2016 (FY16) City of Reno Departmental Budgets, Redevelopment Agency Budget, and Capital Improvement Plan.
05/12/2015 8:07 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for May 13, 2015
Of particular interest to the public is the possible approval of a $10.9 million current Fiscal Year Budget augmentation, a potential purchase agreement allowing the City of Reno to obtain the Cal-Neva parking garage closest to City Hall, and possible action on proposed Neighborhood Advisory Board appointments.
05/11/2015 3:29 PMdetail
- NDOT to begin construction to install N. Virginia Street temporary stoplight
Next week, the Nevada Department of Transportation will begin construction on a project to install a temporary traffic signal on North Virginia Street near the Bonanza Casino in Reno.
05/08/2015 1:45 PMdetail
- Regional Outreach Co-op unifies the story of Northern Nevada’s success for national audience
A first-of-its-kind public relations cooperative with five local partners is now proactively broadcasting Northern Nevada’s successes to regional and national audiences.
05/07/2015 11:05 AMdetail
- FY16 Manager recommended Budget puts emphasis on public safety and fiscal stability
The City of Reno will hold a Budget Workshop at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at Reno City Hall in the Council Chamber. Staff will present Fiscal Year 2016 (FY16) General Fund Budget recommendations to City Council.
05/04/2015 2:59 PMdetail
- City Manager Clinger statement on the passing of Mayor Schieve’s father
Reno City Manager Andrew Clinger, on behalf of City of Reno employees and the Reno City Council, has issued the following statement regarding Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve:
05/02/2015 6:38 PMdetail