Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- October 22, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved a Temporary Construction Easement from Nevada Division of State Lands for the Virginia Street Bridge Replacement Project.
10/22/2014 6:35 PMdetail
- City of Reno to host Public Safety Forum
The City of Reno will host a Public Safety Forum on Thursday, October 23, 2014 starting at 6 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall.
10/20/2014 4:58 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for October 22, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the October 22, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
10/20/2014 11:34 AMdetail
- Google designates Reno as Nevada’s 2014 eCity
Google has named Reno as the 2014 eCity for the State of Nevada. The eCity Awards recognize the strongest online business communities in all 50 states.
10/16/2014 9:45 AMdetail
- Nevada Shade Tree Week aimed at making UNR a Tree Campus USA
The City of Reno Urban Forestry Commission is teaming with the University of Nevada, Reno Arboretum Board to celebrate Nevada Shade Tree Week, October 24-November 2, 2014.
10/15/2014 1:06 PMdetail
- Hack4Reno 2014 focuses on open data for government
Registration is now open for Hack4Reno 2014, a collaborative event organized by City of Reno, Code for Reno, and Reno Collective.
10/10/2014 1:25 PMdetail
- October 8, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved the introduction of an ordinance to revise sections of the Reno Municipal Code relating to marijuana and paraphernalia possession.
10/08/2014 2:23 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for October 8, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the October 8, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
10/07/2014 10:01 AMdetail
- City of Reno to host public meeting to consider travel lane reduction of Center Street
The City of Reno's Public Works department will host a public meeting at Reno City Hall on October 14, 2014 at 5 p.m. to propose the reduction of a portion of Center Street from two lanes to one lane.
10/07/2014 9:16 AMdetail
- Reno Fire Department collaborates on Fire Prevention Week campaign
The Reno Fire Department is teaming up with the American Red Cross of Northern Nevada and Living With Fire to educate and inform citizens as part of Fire Prevention Week, October 5-11, 2014.
10/03/2014 3:17 PMdetail
- Reno Fire Department goes pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The Reno Fire Department will again be supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month during October 2014 by wearing pink uniform shirts that have a white ribbon on the left sleeve.
09/29/2014 3:53 PMdetail
- Final safety statistics for Street Vibrations Fall Rally
The City of Reno’s final statistics for Street Vibrations have been compiled and are as follows.
09/28/2014 6:30 PMdetail
- September 24, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
In a 5-to-1 vote, Council approved an abandonment of a portion of Wright Street from Monroe Street to Walker Avenue.
09/24/2014 5:38 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for September 24, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the September 24, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
09/23/2014 7:54 AMdetail
- City of Reno to host Zumba Fest fitness event
The City of Reno will host a free fitness event called Zumba Fest, part of Shape Up Reno, on September 23, 2014 starting at 5 p.m.
09/22/2014 5:24 PMdetail
- Industry experts help businesses sustain
Reducing the amount of Nevada small business closures is the goal of a new monthly workshop designed to educate business owners on how to assess their venture prior to licensing and launch.
09/19/2014 3:52 PMdetail
- City of Reno to host public information meeting regarding Virginia Lake
The City of Reno will host a public meeting on Thursday, September 18, 2014 to present information about the Virginia Lake Water Quality Improvement Project.
09/18/2014 3:19 PMdetail
- City of Reno Open House event offers variety of free recreation activities
The City of Reno will host its second annual Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center Open House event on Saturday, September 20, 2014 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is free to attend.
09/18/2014 1:16 PMdetail
- One injured in West 9th Street fire
Shortly after 11 a.m. today, the Reno Fire Department responded to a fire on West 9th Street in the vicinity of the University of Nevada, Reno.
09/17/2014 2:36 PMdetail
- Partner agencies unveil new Clarity Cards for families in need
A group of local government agencies and nonprofit organizations are collaborating on a new system for providing easier, faster access to food, housing and other resources for local people who are homeless or living in poverty.
09/17/2014 10:39 AMdetail