For news from the Reno Police Department go to the Reno Police Department Newsroom.
- Senior Flash Mob planned for downtown Reno
A live Senior Flash Mob is scheduled to break out under the Reno Arch on Virginia Street on Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.
07/23/2014 8:39 AMdetail
- Senior Summer Games registration deadline nears
The Reno-Tahoe Senior Summer Games, coming August 4-10, 2014, is a City of Reno-organized event dedicated to promoting and implementing fitness programs and activities for people 50 and older.
07/22/2014 4:55 PMdetail
- City of Reno website awarded national web design accolades
The City of Reno’s website, Reno.gov, has been awarded web design accolades by three national marketing and graphic design organizations.
07/18/2014 10:42 AMdetail
- July 16, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously referred ordinance changes that will create an application fee and license fee for Medical Marijuana Establishments.
07/16/2014 4:31 PMdetail
- City of Reno makes budget modifications to fund 21 firefighters
The City of Reno conducted a Special Budget Workshop today and is closer to reallocating nearly $2 million to fund 21 firefighter positions through Fiscal Year 2015 and potentially beyond.
07/15/2014 8:00 PMdetail
- City of Reno to hold Special Budget Workshop
The focus of today’s workshop is to find funding for 21 (out of 50) firefighter positions in the short term for Fiscal Year 15 and potentially beyond. The City needs to reallocate nearly $2 million that was previously budgeted and approved for other expenses.
07/15/2014 2:43 PMdetail
- Solar-powered compactors providing “greener” days in downtown Reno
To help with the City of Reno’s efforts to keep the downtown corridor clean and green, Waste Management of Nevada recently provided 25 solar-powered trash compactors to the City.
07/15/2014 11:10 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for July 16, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the July 16, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting starting at noon on the first floor of City Hall.
07/14/2014 4:21 PMdetail
- Reno Fire Department to receive $5,000 grant
CITA Insurance Services has partnered with Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company to donate $5,000 to the Reno Fire Department.
07/14/2014 8:41 AMdetail
- City of Reno receives a Class 2 public protection rating from ISO
In June 2013, the City of Reno underwent an Insurance Service Office (ISO) survey to evaluate its Public Protection Classification. The City of Reno has received a prestigious Class 2 rating.
07/10/2014 1:34 PMdetail
- American Idol Bus Tour rolls into downtown Reno
The American Idol Bus Tour is scheduled to visit Reno on Saturday, July 12, 2014. Auditions will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at City Plaza.
07/10/2014 11:55 AMdetail
- Edgewater at Virginia Lake housing project underway
Demolition began earlier today in preparation for Edgewater at Virginia Lake, a new 336-unit condominium/townhouse subdivision.
07/08/2014 5:00 PMdetail
- Donations could keep BELIEVE art sculpture on permanent display in Reno
Those who want to help keep the BELIEVE art sculpture on permanent display in downtown Reno can donate now through the City of Reno’s Charitable Foundation.
07/03/2014 4:11 PMdetail
- July 2, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously affirmed prior policy direction regarding medical marijuana dispensaries within the City of Reno.
07/02/2014 2:13 PMdetail
- Reno Municipal Court distributes funds to local treatment providers and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office
The Reno Municipal Court has disbursed $10,800 in funds collected from fines imposed on persons convicted of misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
07/02/2014 8:56 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for July 2, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the July 2, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting starting at noon on the first floor of City Hall.
07/01/2014 3:21 PMdetail
- City of Reno offices closed on Fourth of July
Reno City Hall will be closed on Friday, July 4, 2014 in observance of Independence Day. The Reno Fire Department would like to remind the community that fireworks pose a significant risk to lives and property and are illegal to possess or use within the City of Reno.
07/01/2014 9:54 AMdetail
- Burning Man art sculpture BELIEVE finds temporary home at City Plaza
The BELIEVE art sculpture, part of a word series that has become a fixture at the annual Burning Man event, is being installed today at City Plaza, next to Reno City Hall.
06/27/2014 8:30 AMdetail
- June 25, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council set a date for a future budget workshop to take place on Tuesday, July 15 at 3 p.m. The workshop is in preparation for significant amendments to the FY14/15 Final Budget for the City of Reno
06/25/2014 8:43 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for June 25, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the June 25, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting starting at noon on the first floor of City Hall.
06/23/2014 9:48 AMdetail